This year, we’ve made it our goal to become debt free. Previously our goals were to fix up the house, get a flat screened TV for the family room and take an exotic vacation. But God has been speaking to us about getting our financial house in order. Because of our new goals, we’ve been reevaluating some of our expenditures and I’ve decided to share some of our money $aving ideas with you.
- Pay Bills Online – or use the bill pay option from a checking account. $aves money on stamps as well as time.
- Order Water in restaurants – better for both waistlines and wallets. This will net you a $avings of $2-3 per person. *Take it a step further and drink water instead of soda at home.
- Cut back on Movies. Have a movie night at home instead. $avings of $9-10 per person in addition to the concessions which usually run about the same. The average night at the movie costs us about $40. Average Netflixs, $4, depending on your plan.
- Cook At Home. Choose easy to fix items you can throw together quickly. This not only $aves on your wallet but tips, gas and calories.
- Buy Used Books. I buy most of my used books through Amazon and pay from $4-6 including shipping. *Better still, use your library and request titles online.
- Buy Classic Clothing which never go out of style and accessorize with fun and trendy pieces.
- Slim Down Cable Service – just $10 a month is $120 a year. Not a bad savings.
- Do Your Own Nails a mani-pedi runs from $40-75. That’s an annual $avings of $480-900. Wow!
The last four idea’s, we were already doing but our biggest savings have come from eating at home more. Make $aving money a game – who can $ave the most? Now, tell me some of your money $aving idea’s.