1. Communication. Connecting on an intellectual and emotional level is even more important than connecting sexually. You want him to understand you better than anyone else on the planet does. However, men and women are wired completely different. Men are like Mac’s and women are like PC’s. In other words, you can both arrive at the same conclusion, but the operating system is entirely different. It’s incredibly difficult to make a PC behave or think like a Mac does and visa versa.
Being a woman, there will be some things about him that you just don’t get- like his love of corny slapstick movies. Likewise, there are uniquely feminine things about you that he doesn’t get – like the amount of time it takes you to get ready in the morning. As I said in a previous MM post, there may be times you just have to pray, “God help me understand this man that you gave me.”
In communication, you need him to be:
· Authentic and Genuine without holding back. His authenticity gives you a safe place to land.
· Honest and Open, even if you disagree. No topic should be off-limits.
· A Good Listener sometimes you just need to vent with someone safe, you may not want a solution.
· To pursue your dreams even if it requires a sacrifice of time or money.
· To be all that God made you to be. Accept your differences.
One of the things he loves about you is your femininity; he’s ruggedly different from you. Celebrate your differences. Don’t try to remake him into another you and don’t let him make you into his mother.
· To Spend time alone (or with your girls friends) to refresh without interruption, children, pets or other distractions.
3. Resolution – to stay the course. You’ll feel more secure with the knowledge that he’s determined to persevere, with God’s help, through both the good times and bad.